- You’re googling Signs of an Emotionally Abusive Relationship and all of it’s variations. Because you’re lost and confused and don’t really know where to turn next.
- You’re constantly hoping it’s the last time. It never is.
- Everything is your fault. You’ve caused this state of affairs.
- Unpredictable anger – unpredictable expressions of big emotions altogether.
- Name calling
- Intention to hurt, with little or no remorse
- “I hate you, don’t leave me” attitude that makes no sense
- A desire in yourself to moderate your own behavior in the hopes of moderating theirs
- Denial. Of your reality. Constant confusion.
- Still wanting to hold on to the good parts. Hoping it will change. Losing hope.
As I write this, I am approaching the two year mark since separating from an abusive ex. The road is complicated, but worth every second, every step, every battle, every breath. I have never felt more happy or more alive in my life.
In the past three months I have lost my marriage, two very close friends, 15 pounds, my house… and on Sunday, my grandfather.
I don’t want to add ‘my job’ to that list (which is why i haven’t posted in a while).
Through all of this, I have had this idea brewing in my head of an extraordinary human being. Being one, and understanding what it is to be one.
But what does it mean? For me, it means admitting flaws, being generous with your grace, honest with your intentions, invested deeply in your life, focused, and devoted to giving back to the world more than you take from it. Probably lots more. Integrity, rigor, forgiveness to name a few.
I have not always been the human I want to be. Every day I strive.
I’m curious – readers – what do you think makes an extraordinary human? Do you like this idea? Want to be one? Want to partner with one?
I would love your thoughts.
spontaneous crying occurrs often while I run. Today this heart shaped leaf made me start!
Better to feel those emotions than think, think, think tho.
I saw a really cute bungalow today. New life. Think I’m going to take it!
And romantic love is not the answer.
Sit with self…… Breathe….do something just for you…..