- You’re googling Signs of an Emotionally Abusive Relationship and all of it’s variations. Because you’re lost and confused and don’t really know where to turn next.
- You’re constantly hoping it’s the last time. It never is.
- Everything is your fault. You’ve caused this state of affairs.
- Unpredictable anger – unpredictable expressions of big emotions altogether.
- Name calling
- Intention to hurt, with little or no remorse
- “I hate you, don’t leave me” attitude that makes no sense
- A desire in yourself to moderate your own behavior in the hopes of moderating theirs
- Denial. Of your reality. Constant confusion.
- Still wanting to hold on to the good parts. Hoping it will change. Losing hope.
As I write this, I am approaching the two year mark since separating from an abusive ex. The road is complicated, but worth every second, every step, every battle, every breath. I have never felt more happy or more alive in my life.